Friday, March 15, 2013

Families are forever

Here I am sitting here wondering what to say and how to say it once again.  I love that so many people read this blog and have been kept up to date on everything, but it is getting harder for me to post.  I think that maybe if I just put it off, it won't be real, but I know many are wondering what is going on so it is time to update.  Mom has been having lots of pain in her bones and all over her body, so they decided to do another PT scan earlier than planned and find out what was going on.  They found that her cancer is spreading more rapidly and progressing through her body.  Her doctors gave her six to twelve months to live.  I don't know how to say that in any other way than to just say it.  We have all cried and felt great pain while at the same time receiving such comfort.  They will put her on another chemo to try and slow things down while also starting radiation on her back.  She started two days ago on the radiation and will continue for ten days. (correct me if I'm wrong Dad)  That will help to relieve some of the pain she is feeling.  They also gave her some stronger medication in the form of morphine that will hopefully help her feel better and be able to sleep better and she has been having a hard time with that.  Then today they were called and told about a new clinical trial that they are doing up at Stanford that she may be eligible to start and so we will find out in a couple of weeks if she will be able to start that as well.  I will post more info on that when we get to that point.  She has also been having a hard time breathing at times and talking as the cancer has spread into her lungs and has made things difficult there.  Her doctors told her that if it gets much worse then she will not be able to fly to Hawaii with us in May.  This has been her dream and my prayer is that she will be able to hold on and take this trip with the family.  We would appreciate prayers on her behalf and again thank you to everyone for already remembering us during this hard time.  I am grateful for the restored gospel that teaches us that families are forever. 

5 comments:

  1. Love you Jess! You all are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read the blog in a while and have been thinking about you and your family lately. I am so shocked to hear this news! I am so grateful for the perspective that the gospel brings! You and your family will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man. I'm sorry the cancer is spreading and things are so difficult right now. I hope things look up for her do that she cash be more comfortable and enjoy Hawaii. My prayers will be with her and all those who love and support her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The road ahead is a rough one, and I am sure that there will be many more tears ahead, but it is an amazing testimony builder, not just for eternal families, but the power and the mercy of the atonement and the beauty of the resurrection. I am so thankful for the resurrection. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers and I will pray that you get that trip to Hawaii. I love you :) Call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up. Clinical trials can do wonders - miracles can happen.

    ReplyDelete