Thursday, March 21, 2013

Quite the Scare!

Mom has given us quite a few scares in the last 24 hours!  The doctor recently changed her morphine prescription from 15mg to 30mg tablets.  Not realizing this, she took twice her dosage before bed last night!  Dad got a hold of the doctor and was quite panicked!  He had to keep an eye on her through the night; luckily there were no negative side effects.  In fact, Mom slept quite well through the night!!

This afternoon, Mom went to her doctor and they realized she had a very high heart rate (about 148) and that her oxygen was about 85-93%.  These symptoms in a patient, especially one with cancer, lead to a strong indication of blood clots.  In fact, those with cancer have about a 50% greater chance of formiong blood clots.  Mom was rushed to the ER for tests.

Poor Jessica is suffering from food poisoning today and as the new RS Activities Coordinator, I had to spend my evening at the RS Birthday Party.  Until Dad text me that everything was okay, I felt like I was going to fall over from anxiety!!

The tests indicated that Mom does not have a blood clot, thank goodness.  She will be staying overnight at the hospital and will undergo further testing.  At this point, they're thinking she may have contracted pneumonia.  This would actually be a good thing as it is treatable and could lead to a better oxygen flow thru her lungs.  Anyone who has spoken with her recently has certainly noticed what a hard time she's had breathing.

We'll keep you all posted and I know we always say it, but I'll say it again..... THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND POSITIVE VIBES!

WE LOVE YOU, MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment