This is not a post I want to be writing. In fact, I have been putting it off because I really don't know what to say or how to say it. After talking with Mom today, she told me to go ahead. Her cancer has spread into her lungs and her bones and has been declared terminal. She will continue with steroids which helps with the pain and her chemotherapy treatments. They will do another scan in April to determine how things are progressing and if she needs to change treatments or continue with the same, but she will always be on chemo. She is so upbeat and positive about everything but this can't be easy. I can only speak for myself and the way I have felt but I know that your prayers have made this experience that is so hard and terrible not so hard and terrible. I am reminded of the story of Alma in the Book of Mormon when he was going through such a hard time and the Lord said, "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs...and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." I have felt His comforting presence in my own life and when I talk to my mom and hear her positiveness I know she has too. I am grateful for my Savior who does not always take our burdens away but helps them to become light. Thank you for the prayers, I know I have felt them. My mom is ready for a fight and she will not give up easily.
You are an inspiration- both you and your mother Jessica. I love and miss you! God is truly mindful of those who must suffer. He is mindful of you. Call me if I can be of any help. Perhaps we can get together in the next few months...we may be down that way soon...
ReplyDelete