When the month of October crept up on me, I was busy thinking about Halloween costumes, family vacations planned for Thanksgiving, and Christmas presents which was fast approaching. I had no idea I was about to receive a phone call from my mom indicating that she was high risk for breast cancer and was about to undergo a series of testing to find out for sure. She had no idea this was about to happen either. It was a surprise for our whole family. We immediately started praying and fasting for her. We soon found out that she did have breast cancer and needed to start looking into treatment options and doctors. While mom was extremely positive and never let on at all how serious this was I think the rest of us were feeling pretty nervous and concerned even though we all know how tough she can be. We had tentatively planned a family trip to Disneyland with my family, mom, dad and Taylor and she decided that since she would not begin her treatment for a couple of weeks that she was still up for the trip, and so we went. We had such a great time and I feel so grateful that my kids and I got to spend some time with her before she started treatment and would not be able to be around children for a while. Erica and Aidan came along too and so it was a fun, happy time before all the "unfun" stuff started happening. I know she will do great with chemotherapy and everything else she will have to go through and will add my prayers to many others who love her that are being sent to heaven on her behalf.
Soo Happy you started a blog, great Idea! We are praying, and know that Shawna will be blessed thru it all. You can do it, fight "like a girl" and we know you will win! Jim we love you too. Just keep your hearts open and it will create a lot of positve energy, which is one of the best defenses. We put you both on the prayer roll, at the temple and trust that the angels in Heaven are coming to build you up. It is in the moments of need, that God can help us remember who we are and feel in our hearts the perfect love he has for us. Love Rebecca
ReplyDelete