Tonight as I sit at my computer, while my kids are sleeping in their beds, the dishes are put away and the kitchen cleaned up I reflect on the past couple of days and how grateful I am for all of my many blessings. Although everyone in my family was in different places this Thanksgiving, everyone had a good time, including my mom. She had a treatment on Tues. and was planning on not feeling very well at all for Thanksgiving so the boys did the shopping and prepared a Thanksgiving dinner all by themselves. We were all surprised that Thurs. was actually a pretty decent day and mom was able to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday, and eat a little bit of the feast, even if it was the boys who cooked it. :) This was a small miracle in that she has always had her worst day two days after treatment. So today I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord in allowing her and the rest of us to have a very good holiday despite the challenges she is going through. She didn't feel good for too long and today has been an especially bad one and we pray that the next few will only get better. She again wants to say Thank you to everyone who has kept her in their prayers as my family has truly felt them. Even though this is a very hard thing to go through, I am grateful for friends, family and a loving Heavenly Father who have made this journey a little bit easier for her. So today I give thanks!
This is a blog all about our mom and what she is going through. Erica and I will try to keep everyone up to date on what is going on and how she is doing through this process.
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Give thanks
Tonight as I sit at my computer, while my kids are sleeping in their beds, the dishes are put away and the kitchen cleaned up I reflect on the past couple of days and how grateful I am for all of my many blessings. Although everyone in my family was in different places this Thanksgiving, everyone had a good time, including my mom. She had a treatment on Tues. and was planning on not feeling very well at all for Thanksgiving so the boys did the shopping and prepared a Thanksgiving dinner all by themselves. We were all surprised that Thurs. was actually a pretty decent day and mom was able to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday, and eat a little bit of the feast, even if it was the boys who cooked it. :) This was a small miracle in that she has always had her worst day two days after treatment. So today I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord in allowing her and the rest of us to have a very good holiday despite the challenges she is going through. She didn't feel good for too long and today has been an especially bad one and we pray that the next few will only get better. She again wants to say Thank you to everyone who has kept her in their prayers as my family has truly felt them. Even though this is a very hard thing to go through, I am grateful for friends, family and a loving Heavenly Father who have made this journey a little bit easier for her. So today I give thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment