Her hair has started falling out at a rapid rate and she is guessing it will be gone by this weekend. It is itchy, splotchy and starting to get everywhere so she is thinking about shaving it off sometime soon. I asked her if we could post a picture of that, but she's not so sure about that. :) I don't know if I would be brave enough to do that! I am glad that things are progressing and am anxious for the next MRI to tell us if the cancer is diminishing and by how much. While all of us hate what she is having to go through right now, I am so thankful for modern medicine and that her chances of survival are good. We love you mom!
This is a blog all about our mom and what she is going through. Erica and I will try to keep everyone up to date on what is going on and how she is doing through this process.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
We love mom!
It has been almost a week now since mom went in for her second treatment and things are starting to get a little better. Thursday was good, Friday starting to get bad and the worst was Saturday. From that point each day got a little better. She has been extremely tired, nauseated and her hair is starting to fall out. Of course any time you talk to her she is upbeat and positive, reminding the rest of us to count our blessing and be grateful for all that we have been given. She continues to receive so much support from her ward in the form of meals, help around the house, and lots of concern and love. Her relief society president asked if she would just put an ice chest on the front door so that people could drop food items off without having to bother her and knock on the door. She will go in for her next treatment on Tues. so Thanksgiving will probably not be the best of days for her. They are thinking about possibly celebrating with the four of them (Mom, Dad, Blake, Taylor) over the following weekend when she is feeling a little bit better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you started a blog so I can keep up with the news. This is my first visit so I hadn't seen your short hair-do which I LOVE!!!
ReplyDeleteKeeping up with the prayers and names in the Temple =)
Thanks for the blog. Shauna you look adorable! You probably even have a cute head sans hair! Hang in there, anything you need just call!
ReplyDelete