Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday, so let's hope good things are in store for her this week.  She has already started the week off wonderfully with a visit from good Oakdale friends Leslie and Mark.  They went to the beach, shopping, and dinner.  Then this coming weekend she will get to spend some time with the wonderful Karens whom everybody loves and I'm sure will only boost her spirits.  I'm so thankful for all the friends and family who have been so supportive and visited and kept things positive!  I always wish I was there, but I know my family is in good hands with so many fun and helpful people! 


Things seem to be going well lately, especially with the switch in medications.  Instead of going in once a week, she now takes a pill everyday which delivers a lower but more constant dose to her body.  Although still very tired, she says she is not nearly as utterly exhausted as she was when she was doing the combined treatments once a week.  She has been able to get out and do a few things and is feeling a bit better.  She has less than 3 weeks left and then will head up to Stanford to see what comes next.  Let's pray for only good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment