Friday, March 23, 2012

Good news and bad news..

I just got off the phone with Mom and she got the results back from her scan this week.  There is good news and bad news.  The good news is that the cancer has not spread.  They were especially concerned about her neck area because it had spread there before, but it has not spread anymore and that is very good news.  The bad news is that her tumor has grown larger and I think everyone is pretty concerned about that.  She will start radiation soon, I'm still not sure exactly when and they will try and get it that way along with yet another new dose of chemotherapy treatment.    Since radiation is so strong and hard on your body, she only has this chance of using it.  Her body will only be able to take the next 6-8 weeks of radiation and it better work!  I am praying that these next couple of months will prove successful as I am sure that they will not be fun for her living up at Stanford during the week.  I am sure she would love visitors though so if anyone has some time she will be up there Mon. through Fri.  Still also not sure of living arrangements, but will post when I find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment