This is a blog all about our mom and what she is going through. Erica and I will try to keep everyone up to date on what is going on and how she is doing through this process.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Chemo again, will it ever end!
Ok, so I've already had a few requests to hurry up and post something on here as everyone is waiting to hear back and see what the doctors had to say today. Mom had a PT scan on Tuesday and wasn't really given a lot of information at that visit, but had to go back up today to get the results. As my Dad put it today, it's not the news we were hoping for, but it could be a lot worse. They found cancer in four lymph nodes in four different areas of her body. There was some around her lungs, her liver, near her windpipe and I think some near her arm. It has not entered these organs yet, but as it is an aggressive type of cancer it very well could if not taken care of soon. So she starts chemotherapy again next week. She will be given a new type once a week for three weeks, then take a week off to recover. Then she will do another three weeks with a week of recovery. After this they will do another PT scan to see if there is still cancer in her body. So we have to wait another eight weeks and pray that it works this time around. I talked to her for a while tonight and she seemed in really good spirits and in a good mood. This whole experience has just been so unreal! We had so much fun visiting in California and while I wished I lived closer, it was fun to be home for a little bit. Even though she has been very tired, she still managed to make the girls happy everyday. She bought a little antique mail box with a key, and every morning Audrey would wake up and walk outside to the mailbox and open it up to little prizes and candies. It was all very exciting for a five year old!!! It was good to be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad you had a good visit with you mom. I am sure your mom enjoyed Audrey's sweet 5 year old smiles as much as you enjoyed being there :) We love you and are praying for your whole family.
ReplyDelete