This is a blog all about our mom and what she is going through. Erica and I will try to keep everyone up to date on what is going on and how she is doing through this process.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Catch up!
I feel like so much has been happening since our last post. I have not had the internet or a computer for a couple of months so I've been struggling to keep up with everything. Thank goodness Erica is so helpful! So Mom was supposed to be done with her radiation at this point, but she ended up taking a long break from things. Her poor skin was so burned and damaged that they decided she could not undergo anymore treatments until it was healed enough to continue. She spent a couple of weeks pretty much just lying on her back airing everything out and taking pain pills every few hours. She is feeling a lot better now and things havew healed quite a bit. She needs to do anywhere from five to eight more treatments. They are doing a bit of a different type of radiation for these last ones. It is called Boost and it is a more intense type that goes directly to certain parts of the tumor. We are hoping it will not burn her skin and cause as much pain as the last one. She is up at Stanford this week and will hopefully be able to get five treatments in before she meets with the tumor board on Friday and they determine what the next steps will be. I will keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks, Jessica and Erica, I read your blog faithfully and you are really good at keeping us informed. Our prayers remain with Shauna and with all of you during this hard time. Her name remains pretty constant in the temples and we pray for her daily. Thanks for all you're doing.
ReplyDeleteDitto to Bill & Joan's reply. Our prayers are with your mom and dad. What a trooper your mom is! Keep the faith. Love & prayers, Karen House Bachler
ReplyDelete