Friday, April 6, 2012

Watch out Stanford!

Monday will indeed be the big day, the day Mom starts radiation.  She got her apartment all set up and I think it will be perfect for her.  It is connected to Stanford so she will be really close, and I think she said there will be a shuttle that will take her right to it every day.  She will live up there Monday through Friday and do one half hour treatment everyday.  This will last for 6 weeks unless her body needs a break in the middle and then she would take a week or two off and then continue.  I think my Dad is planning on spending the first week, at least most of it, up there with her, but he will not be able to stay the whole two months as he has lots of work and busy stuff going on. It really kills me that I am not there, I was so hoping that maybe a quick trip would be possible but financially I just don't think it will work out. So if anyone wants to drop in and spend some time, it could be lots of fun!  Her apartment has a kitchen with everything in it, a TV and sitting room and the bedroom has two twin beds.  We are all hoping and praying that this radiation works because it is sort of her last chance to fight this.  I (we all) appreciate all your prayers and support during this time.  Hopefully she will have some fun while she is close to San Fran and lots of other fun places.  Mom has become a really good shopper in the last couple of years so watch out Stanford!

No comments:

Post a Comment